Friday 23 April 2010

Unfit

During the past week I have been jogging almost every evening, as I am trying to build up my fitness level and endurance. However I am beyond frustrated. I can't even run more than 300 metres at a time without having to stop and catch my breadth. Having thalassemia intermedia definitely does not help. Being quite anemic, it means my red blood cells cannot transport oxygen as effectively, that's why I run out of breadth so quickly.

However I am slowly improving at other exercises that I do at home. Things like squats, wall-sits and sit-ups. It just bugs me so much about running, yesterday I got a headache as well after jogging and walking for only twenty minutes!

I really hope that pushing myself would improve, but I am a bit doubtful whether it would work.

No comments: